Trump Issues Blistering Response After Iran Threatens U.S.

Thomas Smith
5 Min Read

President Donald Trump delivered a fiery rebuke to Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei after the cleric claimed “victory” over Israel and threatened new attacks on U.S. military bases. In a tense White House press conference and a follow-up post on Truth Social, Trump didn’t hold back—mocking Khamenei, defending recent U.S. airstrikes, and warning of consequences if Iran escalates further.

“You got beat to hell,” Trump said, directly addressing Khamenei during the briefing on Friday. Asked if he would consider bombing Iran again if intelligence revealed nuclear threats, Trump replied flatly, “Sure, without question. Absolutely.”

Later on Truth Social, Trump doubled down. He called Khamenei’s claim of victory “a lie,” insisting that U.S. strikes on June 21 had “obliterated” three critical Iranian nuclear facilities. In the same post, he revealed that both the U.S. and Israel had reportedly considered targeting Khamenei directly but said he personally stopped the plan. “I saved him from a very ugly and ignominious death,” Trump wrote. “And not even a thank you.”

Trump added that he had been preparing to ease sanctions on Iran as part of a diplomatic opening, but Khamenei’s hostile rhetoric forced him to abandon the effort. “I immediately dropped all work on sanction relief,” he said.

The U.S. maintains some of the toughest sanctions in the world against Iran, blocking its assets and cutting off nearly all trade and foreign aid.

In his concluding remarks, Trump delivered a stinging assessment of Iran’s current state: “A burned out, blown up country with no future… death all around them. They have no hope, and it will only get worse.”

Khamenei Escalates With New Threats

Khamenei, breaking his silence since a fragile U.S.-brokered cease-fire took effect, responded with new threats. In a pre-recorded televised address, he claimed Iran had “slapped America in the face” by targeting the U.S. Al Udeid Air Base in Qatar. The U.S. said all missiles were intercepted, except one deemed non-threatening.

Khamenei also claimed Iran had achieved “total victory” over Israel in the recent conflict, though all three nations — the U.S., Iran, and Israel — have declared some form of victory following weeks of airstrikes that began June 13.

Debate Over Impact of U.S. Strikes

Trump continues to claim Iran’s nuclear program has been crushed, but some U.S. officials are casting doubt. CIA Director John Ratcliffe said the sites were “severely damaged” and would take years to rebuild, but others suggest Iran’s capabilities may only have been set back by months.

“There’s no doubt there was damage,” said Sen. Chris Murphy (D-CT). “But the idea that we’ve ‘obliterated’ their program doesn’t hold up.”

Asked whether Iran might have secret nuclear sites, Trump said, “I’m not worried about it. They’re exhausted… bombed to hell.”

Iran Pushes Back on Tone, Honors the Dead

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi demanded Trump stop “disrespecting” Khamenei if he wants any deal with Tehran. “The great and powerful Iranian people… do not take kindly to threats and insults,” he said. He also referenced NATO chief Mark Rutte’s jab that Israel had to “run to Daddy,” referring to Trump’s intervention in the conflict.

As Trump and Khamenei traded barbs, thousands gathered in Tehran on Saturday to mourn Iranian military leaders and nuclear scientists killed in Israeli strikes. Crowds chanted “Death to America” and “Death to Israel.”

Khamenei used the moment to rally national pride, writing on social media: “The Iranian nation should know… America wants Iran to surrender. That will never happen.”

The war of words between Washington and Tehran shows no signs of cooling — and the cease-fire, while holding for now, remains tenuous.Tools

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *