U.S. Department of Homeland Security)

DHS Deports Eight Violent Criminal Noncitizens to South Sudan After Supreme Court Ruling

Thomas Smith
3 Min Read

The Department of Homeland Security (DHS) announced Saturday that eight criminal noncitizens were deported to South Sudan on July 4, following weeks of delays caused by lower court rulings that had temporarily blocked their removal.

“These individuals were finally removed on Independence Day,” said DHS Assistant Secretary Tricia McLaughlin. “After weeks of legal obstruction that endangered our officers, ICE successfully deported these violent offenders — people so dangerous even their home countries were initially reluctant to accept them.”

The group had been held in Djibouti while their cases were tied up in court. The Supreme Court cleared the way for the deportations on July 3 by overturning several lower court decisions, siding with the Trump administration’s enforcement of its third-country removal policy.

Violent Criminal Histories

According to DHS, the eight men had lengthy records involving serious and violent crimes:

  • Enrique Arias-Hierro (Cuba): convicted of homicide, armed robbery, kidnapping, and impersonating a law enforcement officer.
  • Jose Manuel Rodriguez-Quinones (Cuba): convicted of attempted first-degree murder with a weapon, battery, larceny, and drug trafficking.
  • Thongxay Nilakout (Laos): convicted of first-degree murder and robbery; sentenced to life in prison.
  • Jesus Munoz-Gutierrez (Mexico): convicted of second-degree murder; serving a life sentence.
  • Dian Peter Domach (South Sudan): convicted of robbery, firearm offenses, and DUI.
  • Kyaw Mya (Burma): convicted of committing lascivious acts with a child under 12; served part of a 10-year sentence.
  • Nyo Myint (Burma): convicted of first-degree sexual assault involving a mentally and physically incapacitated person; also charged with aggravated assault.
  • Tuan Thanh Phan (Vietnam): convicted of first-degree murder and second-degree assault; sentenced to 22 years.

“These are not just immigration cases — these were ongoing threats to our communities,” McLaughlin emphasized. “Some judges attempted to block their removal, putting American safety at risk.”

DHS: “A Victory for Rule of Law”

DHS credited the Supreme Court ruling with unblocking the process and enabling Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) agents to complete the mission.

“This is a clear win for the rule of law and the safety of American communities,” DHS said in its statement.

Officials also expressed appreciation for ICE agents who were stranded abroad due to the legal delays. “We thank our brave officers for their perseverance,” McLaughlin said. “While far-left legal activists try to force us to bring convicted murderers, rapists, and pedophiles back into the country, we will keep fighting to protect Americans.”

The deportations came just one day after the court’s decision and coincided with Independence Day — a move DHS officials said symbolized a renewed commitment to national security.

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *