Credit : Hennepin County Sheriff's Office

ICE Employee Arrested in Child S*x Sting Allegedly Told Cops, ‘I’m ICE, Boys.’ The Police Chief Was Not Impressed

Thomas Smith
3 Min Read

A civilian employee of U.S. Immigration and Customs Enforcement (ICE) in Minnesota is among 16 men accused of attempting to hire a minor for s*x during a sting operation in Bloomington, Minn.

Alexander Steven Back, 41, an ICE auditor from Robbinsdale, Minn., was arrested as part of “Operation Creep,” Bloomington Police Chief Booker Hodges said at a news conference on Tuesday, Nov. 18.

According to the criminal complaint, Back allegedly responded on Nov. 13 to an online advertisement offering prostitution services. The ad had been posted by law enforcement as part of the undercover operation.

An officer posing as a 17-year-old girl named “Bella” texted Back, saying, “U ok if I’m a lil younger than my ad says… just wanna be honest,” the complaint states.

Back allegedly replied, “Sure.”

The officer then responded, “K cause I am 17 and one guy got hella mad at me.” Back allegedly asked if they were “with the cops.” After the officer assured him they were not and provided an address in Bloomington, Back allegedly drove to the location.

When he arrived in a vehicle registered to his wife, officers arrested him and seized his phone, according to the complaint.

Hodges said that during the arrest, Back stated, “I’m ICE, boys.”

“My understanding is, he helped send people to see federal authorities,” Hodges added at the news conference. “I think he’s going to see some federal authorities because I think the feds are going to take this case.”

Back is charged with a prostitutionrelated felony: hiring or agreeing to hire a person reasonably believed to be under 18 but at least 16.

Jail records show he was booked into the Hennepin County Jail on Nov. 13 and released on a $75,000 bond two days later. He could not immediately be reached at a publicly listed phone number.

According to a Hennepin County court spokesperson, Back did not enter a plea at his initial court appearance on Monday, Nov. 17. His next court date is scheduled for December 17.

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *