Iran Issues Stern Warning to U.S. Over Possible Military Involvement

Thomas Smith
4 Min Read

Iran’s Foreign Minister Abbas Araghchi has issued a serious warning to the United States, cautioning that any direct American involvement in the escalating Israel-Iran conflict would be “very, very dangerous for everybody.”

Speaking to reporters on Saturday, Araghchi said recent public comments from President Donald Trump suggest the U.S. may be considering military action. “Unfortunately, we have heard that the U.S. may join in this aggression,” he stated. “That would be very unfortunate and very, very dangerous for everybody.”

He also claimed Iran has “many indications” that the U.S. has been involved in Israeli operations against Iran “since day one.”

The warning comes amid growing speculation about whether the U.S. will take further action in the Middle East. According to the New York Times, several U.S. B-2 bombers were seen leaving Whiteman Air Force Base in Missouri, heading west over the Pacific—though officials note such movements are not necessarily a sign of imminent strikes.

Trump Leaves Door Open for Military Action

While President Trump has maintained that the U.S. has not participated in Israeli strikes to date, he said he will decide within two weeks whether to take military action against Iran. In a statement read by White House Press Secretary Karoline Leavitt on Thursday, Trump said, “If there’s a chance for diplomacy, the President’s always going to grab it, but he’s not afraid to use strength as well.”

Talks between the U.S. and Iran over a potential nuclear deal had been ongoing, with the latest round scheduled to take place in Muscat, Oman. However, Oman’s Foreign Minister announced that those talks have been canceled due to the outbreak of hostilities. Iran’s Foreign Ministry later said that continuing negotiations under these conditions would be “meaningless.”

“In order for us to come back to diplomacy, the aggression must stop,” Araghchi added. “I cannot negotiate while our people are under bombardment, with U.S. support.”

Trump’s Conditions for Peace

Trump has made it clear that any new agreement with Iran must include a permanent ban on uranium enrichment—a critical component for nuclear weapons production. He has also expressed frustration over missed diplomatic opportunities.

Speaking aboard Air Force One on June 17, Trump said, “We’re looking for better than a cease-fire. A real end, not a pause… total surrender.” He later reiterated on Truth Social, demanding “UNCONDITIONAL SURRENDER!”

When asked directly whether he would order strikes on Iranian nuclear facilities, Trump responded vaguely: “I may do it, I may not. Nobody knows what I’m going to do. Iran’s got a lot of trouble. They want to negotiate—I said, ‘Why didn’t you negotiate with me before all this death and destruction?’”

He added from the Oval Office: “I like to make final decisions one second before they’re due—especially with war.”

Iran’s Leadership Responds

In a separate statement on Wednesday, Iran’s Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei also warned the U.S. of the consequences of joining the conflict. “Any U.S. military intervention will undoubtedly bring irreparable damage,” he said. “This war will harm America far more than Iran.”

Conflict Escalates

Now in its ninth day, the Israel-Iran conflict shows no signs of de-escalation. Israel launched airstrikes on multiple Iranian nuclear and military sites on June 13 as part of “Operation Rising Lion,” aiming to dismantle what it sees as a growing nuclear threat.

Prime Minister Benjamin Netanyahu stated the strikes “will continue for as long as necessary.” Iran has retaliated with missile strikes of its own, and both countries have suffered mounting casualties as the violence continues.

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *