Office of the Iranian Supreme Leader/WANA (West Asia News Agency)/Handout via REUTERS/Elizabeth Frantz/File Photo

Iranian crowdfunding campaign claims to raise $40M as reward for assassinating Trump

Thomas Smith
4 Min Read

A radical Iranian group calling itself the “Blood Covenant” claims to have raised more than $40 million in a public crowdfunding campaign aimed at assassinating President Donald Trump, according to a report by the Middle East Media Research Institute (MEMRI).

The group’s website reportedly featured a graphic with Trump in crosshairs, urging supporters to donate “to help establish stable peace.” The poster also included a Quranic verse encouraging followers to “strive with your wealth and your lives in the cause of Allah.”

MEMRI characterized the campaign as “a call to jihad,” saying it lends religious justification to targeting the former and current U.S. president.

Escalating Tensions After U.S. Strikes on Iran

The threat comes just weeks after the United States carried out high-impact airstrikes on Iran’s nuclear infrastructure. The U.S. Secret Service acknowledged the ongoing threats in a statement to Fox News, noting:

“We operate in a heightened and very dynamic threat environment, and the safety and security of the President and all of our protectees remains our highest priority.”

Officials added that the agency works “around the clock” with law enforcement and intelligence partners at every level to maintain presidential protection but declined to comment on specific intelligence matters.

Religious Fatwas and Government Backing

According to MEMRI, recent Iranian fatwas issued by senior ayatollahs in late June declared Trump a “muhareb” — an enemy of God — whose blood is “permissible.” The religious rulings reportedly amount to an endorsement of Trump’s assassination.

These calls are not limited to fringe voices. MEMRI says that senior Iranian regime figures — including clerics close to Supreme Leader Ayatollah Ali Khamenei, religious seminary lecturers, and state-affiliated Friday preachers — have openly joined the campaign, signaling widespread institutional backing.

“The fact that these calls are coming from both regime elites and the street reflects a disturbing consensus,” MEMRI said. “In addition to the financial reward, there are promises of Paradise and the spiritual status of a defender of Islam.”

Suspected Regime-Linked Origins

The Foundation for Defense of Democracies alleges the site behind the “Blood Covenant” campaign was created by a former employee of Islamic Republic of Iran Broadcasting (IRIB), Iran’s state-controlled propaganda outlet.

Satellite images reviewed by independent analysts show visible damage to Iran’s Isfahan nuclear facility following the U.S. airstrikes earlier this month, likely adding fuel to Tehran’s outrage.

The State Department has not yet issued a comment on the report. However, a senior official confirmed to the Washington Free Beacon that the Trump administration is fully aware of the threats and is taking appropriate steps in response.

Background of Hostility

Iran’s heightened threats reportedly stem from false claims that Trump had plotted to assassinate Supreme Leader Khamenei — a claim Trump has publicly denied, saying he in fact prevented such action during his first term.

The intensifying rhetoric follows a pattern of Iranian officials issuing fatwas and bounties against U.S. leaders. But the scale, fundraising claims, and religious justification behind the “Blood Covenant” campaign mark a significant escalation.

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *