© Andrew Harnik/Getty Images

JD Vance gives update on Donald Trump’s health

Thomas Smith
4 Min Read

Vice President JD Vance has reassured the public that President Donald Trump is in good health, amid ongoing questions about the president’s fitness.

Vance told USA Today that Trump has “incredible energy” and health. He also said he feels ready to step in if a “terrible tragedy” were to happen, noting that his time as vice president has given him valuable “on-the-job training.”

Trump survived two assassination attempts during the 2024 campaign.

Why It Matters

Last month, photos of the president’s bruised hand circulated online. The White House confirmed that Trump has chronic venous insufficiency (CVI), a condition described by his physician as “benign and common.”

New photos this week showed more bruising on Trump’s right hand, renewing discussions about his health. Some people are calling for more transparency regarding the president’s condition.

At 78 years and 220 days old, Trump was the oldest person to take office, followed by Joe Biden, who was 78 years and 61 days old at his inauguration. Trump, who turned 79 on June 14 this year, faces continued scrutiny over his long-term health, especially after age concerns influenced Biden’s decision to leave the 2024 presidential race.

What To Know

In an interview with USA Today published Thursday, Vance discussed his role as vice president and the responsibilities that come with working closely with one of the most powerful leaders in the world.

The conversation focused on Vance’s job of promoting the president’s policies, often in the face of public criticism. USA Today noted that Vance uses his “middle-class bona fides” to explain legislation like Trump’s “One Big Beautiful Bill” to the public.

Vance also spoke about Trump’s health:

“I feel very confident the president of the United States is in good shape, is going to serve out the remainder of his term and do great things for the American people,” Vance said, emphasizing that Trump has “incredible energy.”

“He’s the last person making phone calls at night, and he’s the first person who wakes up and the first person making phone calls in the morning,” he added.

Vance said he is prepared to take over if something were to happen to Trump:

“I can’t think of better on-the-job training than what I’ve gotten over the last 200 days.”

What People Are Saying

Sean Barbabella, Trump’s physician, wrote in a July memo:

“The president underwent a comprehensive examination, including diagnostic vascular studies. Bilateral lower extremity venous Doppler ultrasounds were performed and revealed chronic venous insufficiency, a benign and common condition, particularly in individuals over the age of 70.”

Fox Sports host Colin Cowherd said on X:

“As Americas Honesty Broker I must say this — Democrats pointing out Trumps swollen hand as a major health concern is pretty rich. Joe Biden was a walking bowl of oatmeal for three years and the lefts response ‘nothing to see here.'”

Social media personality Brian Krassenstein posted on X:

“Something appears seriously wrong with Trump’s health. Imagine if Biden had these large contusions on him. It’s time for the man who will be the oldest president in history to be removed from office. 8647!”

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *