Authorities are investigating a mass shooting in a parking lot next to a nightclub in Indianapolis that left two people dead and five others injured on Sunday, Sept. 21.
Police arrived at the Shore Terrace parking lot just after 2 a.m. and found seven people had been shot, according to the Indianapolis Metropolitan Police Department.
Two adult men were pronounced dead at the scene. Three others were taken to local hospitals, while another victim walked into a hospital with a gunshot wound. One more person showed up at a fire station with gunfire injuries.
An “disturbance” had taken place before the shooting, according to an IMPD press release.
At a press conference on Monday, Sept. 22, Indianapolis Police Chief Chris Bradley said investigators are “still viewing and looking at additional video footage and waiting to speak and take statements from the individuals that were shot to find out exactly what happened in that case.”
Perry Hilliard told WTHR that he heard the gunshots from inside his car.
“Pah pah pah pah,” he said. “It’s like the shots actually got faster…It’s sad that the families have to go through the loss of their relatives. It’s all horrible. All bad. I couldn’t say anything good about this situation if I tried.”
“It wouldn’t get that bad if people would just leave their egos at home,” he added.
No arrests have been made.