d4vd; Celeste Rivas Hernandez. Credit : Swan Gallet/WWD via Getty; Riverside Sherrif's Office

Police Search Home Associated with d4vd While Investigating Missing Teen’s Body Found in His Tesla: Reports

Thomas Smith
3 Min Read

The Los Angeles police searched a home tied to singer d4vd as part of their investigation into the death of 15-year-old Celeste Rivas Hernandez.

Rivas’ body was discovered on Sept. 8 inside the trunk of the 20-year-old singer’s Tesla at an impound lot, PEOPLE reported, citing police. Officers went to the vehicle after a foul odor was reported.

The cause of death is still being investigated. The musician, whose real name is David Anthony Burke, was on tour when her body was found. Police have not named him as a suspect.

On Sept. 18, the Los Angeles Police Department confirmed that detectives from the Robbery-Homicide Division executed a search warrant at a local residence in connection with the case.

Law enforcement sources told KABC-TV and the Los Angeles Times that the address was in the Hollywood Hills, where the singer had been staying.

Neighbors told NBC Los Angeles that the car had been left abandoned in the area for about a month before it was impounded.

Investigators have not confirmed whether d4vd and Rivas knew each other. However, the L.A. Times reported that the medical examiner identified Rivas by a tattoo on her right index finger that read “Shhh…”

Photos of d4vd taken in September 2024 show that he also has a tattoo with the same word in the same place. Police have not said if the tattoos are connected.

“Several items of evidence were recovered and will be analyzed by detectives in the coming days,” an LAPD spokesperson told PEOPLE. “Investigators are following up on several leads.”

The Riverside County Sheriff’s Office told the L.A. Times that Rivas was first reported missing on April 5, 2024. Officials also told NBC News that the LAPD is investigating her death as a homicide.

Following her death, Rivas’ family created a GoFundMe, saying they are “heartbroken” and “devastated.” The fundraiser has raised over $12,500 as of Sept. 19, and states that her funeral will take place on Oct. 5.

The singer, known for viral hits such as “Romantic Homicide,” has not publicly spoken about the case. His representative previously told NBC Los Angeles that d4vd is “fully cooperating” with investigators. PEOPLE reports that his rep has not responded to multiple requests for further comment.

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *